Early Learning Scholarship Program
Are you or someone you know struggling to pay for the high cost of childcare? This funding may be available to support your family!
The Early Learning Scholarship program is intended to support working families pay for high quality childcare for children 6 week-6years who are enrolled in full/day full/year settings. Children that are enrolled in Kindergarten, Pre-school, or other publicly funded early learning care are not eligible for funding. If you are an individual looking to utilize this opportunity, talk to your childcare provider. If you are a childcare provider, see steps below to apply on behalf of a family or individual.
1. Provider completes application. Download application by clicking here.
2. Attach all necessary documentation required.
3. Send application and documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All incomplete, unsigned paperwork will be held or returned to applicant.
Quality Enhancement and Capacity Building Funding
The Quality Enhancement and Capacity Building Funding is available for family childcare providers and centers in Buffalo County. This scholarship opportunity is to provide funding to assist both family childcare providers and centers in Buffalo County to enhance their child care environments and services. These grant opportunities can support a variety of projects.
Projects could include:
1) Connection– funding is available for training opportunities to strengthen your business, develop relationships with other providers, attending licensed required trainings (ELG’s, SWY etc), Step Up to Quality additional training’s, or becoming a licensed facility.
2) Improvements to your in home child care environment or center- scholarships can cover funding for minor renovations, fees for building a new center, or new equipment.
- Updating new toys, outdoor equipment
- Non-allowable expenses: Click here. If you aren’t sure, inquire with Leslie Martin, Early Childhood Coordinator
- Other Examples: minor building modifications, updating sprinkler systems, adding toddler-size toilets, adaptations for children with disabilities, lead paint removal/abatement, etc.), hiring a center director for a new program, safety equipment (car seats, safety gates, locked storage, first-aid kits, etc.)
3) Curriculum Updates – Funds can be used for new curriculum. Curriculum can help with addressing challenging behaviors, growing your staff skills and building relationships.
If you have other ideas for the funding use, email Leslie with inquiries.
- Download the Application HERE
- Send completed application via email to
- Leslie Martin: email@example.com
Still have questions?
Please contact: Leslie Martin
Early Childhood Community Coordinator, Buffalo County Community Partners
308-223-4681 | firstname.lastname@example.org | PO Box 1466, Kearney, NE 6884
For more information, or for any questions, please fill out the form below.
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with our latest news and events!
© 2019 Buffalo County Community Partners | All rights reserved | Powered by Heartland Hosting, LLC | BCUse