Community resources to help navigate through times of COVID19.
Our community is pulling together resources to assist individuals and businesses in preparing for COVID19.
We need your help. Let us know our current community needs in dealing with COVID-19
Latest News and Resources
YAB in Action! Our Youth Advisory Board is out spreading good in our community. Thank you so much YAB for reaching out and volunteering in the community. They have been mowing lawns for people who are in need. YAB also creatd this video to share some Good News in the...
The Be Well Collaboration is promoting the opening of the Kearney Area Farmers Market. May 23, they will be opening using recommend COVID-19 guidelines for safety. Please see following guidelines to be aware of while shopping. We also have a shopping list to plan...
The HealthyMINDS Collaborative hosted a Virtual Community Gathering on May 16 it featured community experts in various fields who talked about sustaining healthy relationships during this time of Covid-19. Watch a replay of the video here:...
The City of Kearney has created a direct email address for all inquiries related to COVID-19, Email: email@example.com a website for city updates: Click Here for Website
State Hotline for COVID-19 Information: (402) 552-6645
8AM – 8PM CST – 7 Days a Week
Nebraska Health and Human Services: Find health directives and info for Nebraskans: dhhs.ne.gov
Statewide COVID-19 Resources: Ne Children and Families Foundation
Health Care Resources
- CHI Coronavirus online resource/hotline:
- Resource Hotline: 1-844-355-2273
- Address: 211 W 33 rd Street, Kearney, NE 68845
- Local Clinic Phone: 308-865-2141
- Kearney Regional
- Phone: (308) 455-3600
- NE Children’s Physicians Clinic – Kearney
- Address: 211 W 33rd Street, Kearney, NE 68845
- Phone: 308-234-5613
- NE Total Care (managed care contractor for Medicaid), community and medical resource for their clients. Contact for information on rewards or benefits
- Wellcare Nebraska (managed care contractor for Medicaid), community and medical resource for their clients. Contact for information on rewards or benefits
- Kelsey Isom: 1-845-453-4373
- Mindy Spray: 1-402-216-2315
- Nurse Line: 800-919-8807
- United Healthcare (managed care Medicaid provider for NE)
Social Emotional Learning Resources
During these stressful times for students, families, and educators Second Step has put together a list of resources you can use to help young people learn the social-emotional skills they need to get through these challenging events: Click Here to view resource list
Free Audible For Kids
Audible by Amazon is offering kid stories for FREE to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet for as long as schools are closed: https://stories.audible.com/discovery
Free Internet Access
Different internet providers have offered free internet at homes who have school aged children. Click here to find info
Virtual Museum Tours
12 famous museums are offering virtual tours for free: www.travelandleisure.com/attractions
Kearney Public School Family Resoures
Free Education Websites for Kids Pre K – 6 grade
Thank you for wanting to volunteer in the community. We are asking people to register with their church volunteer coordinator to volunteer for the elderly. Check to see if they are participating in the zoom volunteer coordinator calls, every Monday at 10am. If they are not, and you would like additional information, contact Denise, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Short Time Compensation, program helps prevent layoffs by allowing employers to uniformly reduce affected employees’ hours by 10 to 60 percent while permitting the employees to receive a prorated unemployment benefit: https://dol.nebraska.gov/stc
- Small Business Admin: Small business less than 500 employees can apply for a payroll protection loan: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- Unemployment Insurance:NEworks.nebraska.gov You can access the site through your computer or mobile device, or download the NEworks App. For Unemployment Insurance questions you can email NDOL.NICHelp@nebraska.gov and include your contact information. A chat function is also available on NEworks site
- Kearney Area Employee Emergency Relief Fund application:This emergency fund is for employees in the Kearney area. Approved applicants are eligible for up to $500 every 30 days. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfBCZ9rOOZnuhUTEF34NdcrrCo37Hdge5LVKmtQBQyZSXvrPA/viewform
- Local Business Resources *New Guidelines for Reopening Businesses: Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce
- Frequently Asked Questions: Employee Benefits and other business topics. HUB Document Link
- Free Legal Help For Nebraskas: Nebraskans who have questions or are experiencing legal problems due to the coronavirus/COVID-19 public health emergency now have an easy way to get legal advice and help. Caller
s will be connected to the Hotline voicemail. Callers should leave their name, phone number, brief details of the problem and the assistance needed, and in what county they are located. Callers will receive a call back from experienced Legal Aid staff.
Short Term Unemployment Fact Sheets
Food. Transportation. Housing
Emergency Food Assistance Program for people with Cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis: Team Rubicon — Emergency Food Assistance Program
Local Grocery Store Shopping Hours
Local Food Pantry List
If you have any pantry updates please contact: email@example.com
Local Restaurants Selling Extra Food
Local Food Updates:
Community Action Partnership of Mid Nebraska has created a list of local organizations, what they are providing, and who to contact. Visit their site for the full list: http://communityactionmidne.com/agency-and-community-updates-covid-19-pandemic-2020/
The Buffalo County Emergency Housing Task Force was formed to pull together a housing resource website to assist residents in learning about shelters and housing assistance programs in our community. They are meeting weekly to discuss housing priorities in order to identify unmet needs among shelters and housing assistance programs. Those interested in joining the Buffalo County Emergency Housing Task Force can contact Denise Zwiener, at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the next meeting.
Your community is working together to offer tools to rebuild a housing foundation for those displaced due to COVID19 which brings us challenges and will take partnerships across the community.
At the state level;
- Governor Ricketts has shared the state will provide lodging for health care workers, first responders, correctional officers and others on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic who don’t want to go home and risk exposing their families or picking up the virus from the community. People interested in the option should contact their employer or call 833-220-0018. The phone line will be staffed 24 hours a day.
- As part of an agreement between the University of Nebraska system and State of Nebraska, two UNK residence halls are prepared as potential care sites for individuals in quarantine, isolation or recovering from COVID-19. The Nebraska National Guard, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, area hospitals and others are utilizing these alternative care sites during the coronavirus pandemic. DHHS will determine who receives care at the alternative care sites. Individuals should apply online at https://cip-dhhs.ne.gov/redcap/surveys/?s=K97PH77LYL. Additional inquiries can be directed to DHHS at 1-833-220-0018. The state does not intend to use UNK housing for emergency responders or health care personnel.
At the county level;
- The Kearney Housing Agency launched a housing resource website to assist residents in learning about housing programs in our community. To access this information log on at http://www.kearneyhousingagency.com/covid19/. Resources are also available in Spanish. An on-line form is available to assist the task force in better understanding the housing needs of our community, and offer their knowledge of resources. To access the form visit the bottom of the page in the above link.
- Persons who are homeless after hours and weekends are to contact law enforcement at (308) 237-2104 to determine if they would be qualify for one night of lodging supported by vouchers from the Salvation Army. A wonderful partnership between law enforcement and the Salvation Army and SAFE Center.
- Buffalo County Emergency Shelters
- Crossroads Shelter: 1404 E 39th Street Kearney, NE 68847, (308)236-5688
- SAFE Center: (for individuals of domestic violence or sexual assault), 620 E 25th St, #14 Kearney, NE 68847, (308)237-2599
- Other Temporary Housing Assistance Programs: It is important that you call ahead to learn about these different housing programs. Presenting information to these organizations on the conversation between you and your landlord will be very helpful in understanding your long-term housing plan.
- The Salvation Army, 1719 Central Avenue, Kearney, (308)234-9998
- Jubilee Center, 2523 Avenue A, Kearney, (308)234-3880
- Community Action Partnership of Mid Nebraska, 16 W 11th Street, Kearney, NE 68848, (308)865-5680. To view Community Action Partnership’s Housing List: http://www.kearneyhousingagency.com/public/assets/CAPMNE-Housing-List.pdf
Some churches in the community are able to assist and work very closely with the above-mentioned housing assistance programs.