The HealthyMINDS Collaborative hosted a Virtual Community Gathering on May 16 it featured community experts in various fields who talked about sustaining healthy relationships during this time of Covid-19.
Watch a replay of the video here: https://www.facebook.com/bcchp/videos/2994850213936095/
The virtual community gathering promoted ‘healthy relationships’ through COVID19. This event was held to provide hope to the community and a place to share resources.
The panelists on the call were:
- Krista Fritson, UNK Psychology Department, Central NE LOSS team member
- Jason Sharp, youth advocate
- Beth Reynolds, Region 3 Behavioral Health Services
- Christine L. Chasek, UNK Associate Professor Counseling Department, Insight Counseling and Recovery Therapist
- Pastor Michelle Carlson, First Lutheran Church
- Dr Kenton Schaffer, CHI Health Director of Kearney
- Janelle Brock, MSW, LICSW, Suicide Prevention Program, VA- Nebraska Western Iowa Healthcare System
- Jamie Legates, FamiliesCare
- Bryan Waugh, Chief of Police, Kearney Police Department
- Neil Miller, Sheriff, Buffalo County Sheriff’s Office
- Nikki, Gausman, Nikki Gausman, Executive Director, The S.A.F.E. Center
- Prairie Miles, AseraCare
- Hayley Jelinek, South Central Nebraska Area Agency on Aging and Disability Resource Network, BSW Elder Care Coordinator/ADRC Supervisor
A variety of topics were disuccesed on healhty relationships. Conflict resolution, safe/healthy relationships, grief, and substance abuse were all addressed on the video.
Toward the end of the video ,Kearney Police Capt., Mike Young said, “Take care of yourself. Use tools provided by these experts. You are not alone.” The Healthy MINDS group wanted to promote people coming together and sharing informaiton with eachother. We are reslient and we can make it through this together.
For access to the resources that the panelists discused in the video see: https://bcchp.org/covid19mentalwellness/
Kearney Hub Article Recapping the event: