Buffalo County, Neb. – Five new board members have joined the Buffalo County Community Partners Board of Directors in 2021. New board members include:
• Amanda Applegate, Kearney community representative
• Bob Bednar, Miller community representative
• Tammy Jackson, Kearney community representative
• Deb Schroeder, Shelton community representative
• Cindy Powell, Vocational Counselor, Nebraska/Department of Education
A new Executive Committee is also in place for 2021:
• Chairman, Nadia Saadi, Arram Equities & Arram Family Foundation
• Vice Chairman, Amanda Shoemaker, Royal Neighbors
• Secretary, Lauren Brandt, City Clerk, City of Kearney
• Treasurer, Megan Loomis, Buffalo County probation officer, State of Nebraska
New Chairman of the board, Nadia Saadi said that the challenges from 2020 continue to affect our community, but that the board is continuing to build upon the collaborative solutions they worked on through the pandemic. “Because of Buffalo County Community Partner’s effectiveness, there is a high demand for our work. We are fortunate to have new and old passionate board members whose focus this year is working with phenomenal partners to sustain the work, meet new challenges and maximize the impact in our community,” said Saadi.
The board kicked off the year with a January retreat looking at the successes made during 2020, even through the Covid-19 pandemic. Ongoing virtual meetings through the year, led by Community Partners, became the center of collaboration towards efforts of food security, behavioral health, youth protective factors, and access to services. “We are a very thriving organization. We are a collaborative organization and the work done in 2020 really proves it,” said Ken Shaffer, MD, CHI Health Partners Kearney Medical Director.
“In a very fast way, Community Partners became a hub for supporting the community. The community recognizes Community Partners as a connection with those resources,” said Jason Mundorf, Associate Superintendent at Kearney Public Schools.
The Community Partners board members will continue to meet monthly to build on their collaborative health goal of bringing people and organizations together to design and align community prevention systems.
A complete list of the Board Members can be found here: https://bcchp.org/board/