It’s never too early to start planning for college. And, as tuition costs and student debt increase it has never been more important to take advantage of every scholarship and financial aid opportunity that is available.
That’s why the Buffalo County Youth Advisory Board is teaming up with the University of Nebraska-Kearney College of Education to present the annual scholarship and financial aid workshop. The workshop will be held at the University of Nebraska-Kearney College of Education Building on Sunday, October 25 from 2:00pm – 5:00pm. All college bound students and their parents are welcome!
Show Me The Money is sponsored by the Buffalo County Youth Advisory Board with the support of the UNK College of Education. Admission is free; donations to support the program are welcome.
Participants will learn:
• How parents and students can work together to develop a scholarship/financial aid game plan
• Tips on laying the groundwork before your senior year
• Advice on how to build a college resume
• Instruction on filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form
• College admissions procedures
Plus: The computer labs will be open and advisers will be standing by to help you develop a scholarship search profile and begin your scholarship search, on the spot.
To see the full list of events go to http://www.bcyab.org/showmethemoney/