Buffalo County Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is excited to announce their newest members for the 2013-2014 school year.
• Shawna Christensen of Kearney High School, daughter of Susan Christensen;
• John (Robbie) Potthoff of Kearney High School, son of Patricia Potthoff;
• Rowdy Melton of Kearney Catholic High School, son of Justus and Lori Melton;
• Amanda Baillie of Pleasanton High School, daughter of Tim and Angie Baillie;
• Sage Williams of SEM High School, daughter of Bryce and Diana Williams;
• Jaison Andrist of Shelton High School, son of Jai and Lisa Andrist;
• Louden Redinger of Shelton High school, son of Brian Redinger;
• Aaron Bisbee of Gibbon High School, son of Donna Bisbee; and
• Cheyenne Jordan of Gibbon High School, daughter of Kelly Jordan
Buffalo County YAB is a program and philosophy recognizing youth as valuable resources in their communities and empowering them as equal community partners to bring about positive social change. YAB is governed by a board of 30 youth and 7 adult mentors and Buffalo County Community Partners staff, supported by grant funds and local donors. The youth-led board holds three seats for each Buffalo County community.
YAB meets once a month when members tackle a range of social problems concerning youth, ranging from our local economy and environment to safety, tobacco, alcohol, and illegal drugs. The board organized and implemented a media campaign to encourage community youth and families to “Take A Stand” against making negative decisions, such as underage drinking. Members also provide grants for youth-initiated and youth-led community projects, and meet annually with state senators to discuss legislative issues concerning youth.
For more information, visit the YAB website at or contact Buffalo County Community Partners Youth Coordinator Jack Anderson via telephone at 308-865-2288 or via email.